14 Sep Business Development Account Executive – Local Government
ICS Consulting, Inc. is a solutions-based consulting firm, specializing in planning and project-related solutions. At ICS, we care about people. We care about the success and well-being of our employees, clients, and the communities in which we live, work, and play. This translates into an unparalleled work environment and a superior client experience that thrives on honesty, service, quality, innovation, and growth. Through our mission and vision, and a culture shaped by our values, we believe our commitment to our employees will provide our clients and communities with leaders making a meaningful impact on those around us.
ICS is looking for a Business Development Account Executive – Local Government to join our growing Solutions team of professionals in our Blaine, Minn. location.
About the Position:
This person will be responsible for various business development elements within the company. They’ll foster new relationships with clients to secure projects within the city & county government sector. They’ll be responsible for working with city & county government entities as well as Minnesota service cooperatives to outline capital plans, develop infrastructure improvement projects, outline funding solutions, complete contracts, and answer any questions that arise. This position will maintain positive relationships through continuous proactive communication during meetings, onsite reviews, email correspondence, and other channels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Successfully outline potential opportunities and track progress through Cosential.
- Professionally facilitate meetings and presentations.
- Required attendance at conferences and board meetings to ensure promotion of ICS and communication with current and potential clients.
- Effectively research and gather data for developing projects.
- Provide proactive communication with financial manager, architects, and engineers to develop a solution to client needs.
- Successfully secure contracts for short and long-term projects.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Problems are complex, varied, and only vaguely related to what has been seen before. Determining and identifying the solution requires major individual effort and/or consultation with those within department or organization. A high degree of analytical thinking is needed to solve complex problems. Must be able to develop new, non-standard, and creative approaches to problem solving.
Supervision is present to review broad objectives relative to basic position duties and day-to-day department duties. Basic work and decisions do not require direction or review by immediate supervisor. Strategic issues are referred to supervisor.
Independent judgment is required to analyze problems, perform needs assessments and work with key customer stakeholders. The position uses judgment in adapting broad guidelines to achieve desired result. Regular exercise of independent judgment is used. Makes recommendations that affect policies, procedures, and practices. Refers exceptions to policies and procedures to the supervisor. Recommendations to create efficiencies within work procedures, policies, and practices are always encouraged.
Decisions impact organization and areas outside the organization.
Tasks are various and focus more on single processes. Work is sometimes standardized and sometimes varied.
This position will not supervise.
Qualifications (Education, Experience, and Licenses/Certifications required):
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Construction Management or related field required.
- Understanding of local government industry and experience in working with governing boards.
- Background in business development and proven ability to build and maintain productive customer relationships.
- Proven effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with public relations and finance strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products and other computer skills.
- Ability to travel as required, up to 50% of work time
- Proven ability to maintain excellent integrity and ethical standards within role.
This position requires regular sitting, standing, walking, talking, hearing, and vison. Occasional climbing/balancing, reaching with arms, crouching/crawling, and feeling/touching may be required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of veteran, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by law.