18 Apr Controller
ICS Consulting, Inc. is a solutions-based construction management consulting firm, specializing in planning and project-related solutions. At ICS, we care about people. We care about the success and wellbeing of our clients, employees, and communities. This translates into an unparalleled work environment and a superior client experience that thrives on integrity, quality, collaboration, and smart innovation. Through our culture shaped by our values, our mission of positively impacting people through innovative facility solutions will be possible.
ICS is looking for a Controller to join our growing team of professionals in our Blaine, Minn. location.
This position will be responsible for managing the overall financial health of the company by leading a strong and successful accounting team while ensuring individual assignments are completed on-time and accurately. The Controller will ensure clients are billed accurately, oversee accounts payable and receivable, and manage timesheets, costs, income statements, and other finance items. The Controller will also manage contracts, proposals, intercompany transactions, layout budgets, and oversee tax management. This position will analyze cashflow and finances to predict challenges and areas of growth opportunities for the future. This role will provide detailed reports to the company partners and readily answer any financial questions from clients, managers, or partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide effective oversight for financial management, accounting, and budgeting functions.
- Accurately develop and maintain a financial dashboard.
- Provide status of the financial condition of the company by collecting, interpreting, and reporting key financial data.
- Successfully provide communication and direction to the accounting team.
- Effectively oversee Vision and Concur software to track finances accurately.
- Ensure the timely and efficient process of accounting team’s AP/AR process.
- Project Finance Management
- Accurately enter projects into Deltek Vision to ensure correct billing.
- Effectively track vendors and subconsultant expenses in Deltek Vision.
- Provide a detailed analysis of project loss and profitability.
- Successfully work with accounting team to manage accounts payable and accounts receivable for each project.
- Efficiently approve checks for processing and manage cash flow in banks.
- Accurately develop policies and procedures as needed.
- Professionally interact with vendors and clients to develop trusting relationships.
- Drive strategic growth of the organization by utilizing available and industry data knowledge and making appropriate recommendations and suggestions to senior leadership.
- Successfully arrange audits as required and appropriate.
Qualifications (Education, Experience, and Licenses/Certifications required):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
- 5+ years of experience.
- CPA or CCIFP certification preferred.
- Industry experience strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to think analytically.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven ability to set goals and manage a team.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Proven ability to maintain excellent integrity and ethical standards within the role.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of veteran, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by law.