05 Jun Project Manager – Duluth & Blaine Offices
ICS is a solutions-based consulting firm, specializing in planning and project-related solutions. At ICS, we care about people. We care about the success and wellbeing of our employees, clients, and the communities in which we live, work, and play. This translates into an unparalleled work environment and a superior client experience that thrives on honesty, service, quality, innovation, and growth. Through our mission and vision, and a culture shaped by our values, we believe our commitment to our employees will provide our clients and communities with leaders making a meaningful impact to those around us.
ICS is looking for a Project Manager to join our growing team of solutions professionals in our Duluth, Minn. office and another in our Blaine, Minn. office.
This person will be responsible for overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting and control while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards. The construction project manager responsibilities span a broad spectrum, covering all the areas of project management including but not limited to Project Planning, Cost Management, Time Management, Quality Management, Contract Administration, and Safety Management.
- Effective communications and mechanisms for resolving conflicts among various stakeholders.
- Oversee construction projects from start to finish.
- Perform a key role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
- Complete project accounting functions including managing the budget and minimizing exposure and risk on projects.
- Ensure that construction activities move according to schedule.
- Devise the project work plans and make revisions as and when the need arises.
- Communicate effectively with the contractors responsible for completing various phases of assigned projects.
- Coordinate the efforts of all parties involved in projects, which include the Owner, architect, consultants, contractors, and sub-contractors.
- Monitor/Report the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with clients and/or consultant team.
- Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
- Inspect and review construction sites.
- Ensure project documents are complete.
- Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
- Serve as a critical link with the clients and review the deliverable prepared by the team before passing onto the client.
- Represent ICS and its clients professionally and ethically in all duties and activities.
- 5+ years of Project/Program Management or similar experience required.
- Ability to plan and organize a team effort.
- Good client management and goodwill building ability.
- Capacity to motivate, lead and boost the morale of the teams.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Capacity to handle pressure.
- Willingness to travel to construction sites as assigned.
- Strong focus on quality.
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge of Project Manager Software and Microsoft Office required.
- Must hold a current driver’s license.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of veteran, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by law.